Steinhoff Farm

Hwy 59
Eagle, WI

Anton and Therese Steinhoff owned this 600-acre dairy farm, before they retired and sold it to the Department of Natural Resources (DNR). The farm no longer exists and the DNR offices, along with a museum for the Southern Kettle Morraine area, now occupy the site. During the time that he owned the farm, Anton Steinhoff had found some arrowheads and a stone ax. They are now in the possession of his grandson, Steve Steinhoff.

aerial view of Steinhoff farm in the 1950's

Steinhoff farm on Hwy 59- circa 1950’s

Stone Ax found on Steinhoff farm

Stone Ax found by Anton Steinhoff

Arrowheads found on Steinhoff farm

Arrowheads found by Anton Steinhoff

Former site of Steinhoff farm- current site of DNR office for the Southern Kettle Morraine

Former site of Steinhoff farm

Former site of Steinhoff farm- now property of DNR

Former site of Steinhoff farm (2)

Site of Former Steinhoff farm-2009

Site of Former Steinhoff farm-2009 (3)

Site of former Steinhoff house-2009

Site of former Steinhoff house-2009 (4)

Restored Prairie on the Steinhoff farm site-2009

Restored Prairie on the Steinhoff farm site-2009

Burr Oaks on Restored Prairie that was formerly the Steinhoff farm

Burr Oaks on Restored Prairie

Remnants of Therese Steinhoff's garden-2009

Remnants of Therese Steinhoff’s garden-2009

**information obtained by Carolyn Rosprim from informant Steve Steinhoff

No Comments to “Steinhoff Farm”

Leave a Reply

(required)

(required)